Exploratory session : Settling in Switzerland
Once you sign on with us, you can register for your 1:1 exploratory session.
The aims of this session are to:
- review your individual circumstances, background & life goals,
- discuss what type of activities (social, cultural, sportive, volunteer, educational, etc you wish to target,
- examine options
- identify best next steps for your integration.
This session usually lasts 1 hour and is conducted by Skype by one of our professional trainers.
Swiss culture and values
This webinar provides a review of the major themes that link to the contemporary political, social and economic environment. We look at the major events that have shaped the culture of Switzerland and its core values, beliefs and behaviours. The objective is provide you with the tools to understand the Swiss and make you feel at ease in your new environment.
Doing business in Switzerland
A socio-cultural perspective of swiss values' impact on business behaviours, this webinar will review communication and leadership styles along with manager-subordinate relations, delegation, time management, problem-resolution and decision-making, meetings' protocole and negotiation. The recruitment process and appropriate interview behaviour will be discussed so you gain a better understanding of the environment in which you will be looking to be hired and work.
Building your social identity in Lake Geneva Region
The purpose of this webinar is to help you :
- Understand local specificities for networking in the Region
- Develop your networking skills
- Review the local offer,social groups and associations
- Determine appropriate points of entry and best approaches
- Re-create your personal & professional network here
This webinar is followed by practical exercises in the Monthly Events and/or during our JobClub sessions
Children and expatriation
The purpose of this webinar is to :
- provide context on the special challenges third culture kids face
- discuss how they can confront and grow from them
- help parents prepare and support their children through the transition.
A ½ day workshop for parents & children is also available (ask hereigo.ch about this program)
here I go Events
- IDCN May 24 event at IMD : Working in Multicultural Teams
- December 11th FIGT Swiss Chapter end of Year Complimentary Workshop : "Journaling about your Relocation Experience" from 9.00am to 11.30am sponsored by hereigo!
- Recognize and Manage Relocation & Culture Shock to Accelerate your Integration
- "Answering Difficult interview Questions" : Practice & Share your Experience!
- Webinar for HR Practitioners “Repatriation training: an overlooked talent management & retention tool”
Watch and listen
- More career partner interviews, see what they have to say about their relocation experience...
- here I go interview on "WRS: The Connectors" - Mistakes expats make when job hunting
- Challenges: What were some of your biggest challenges during your job search?
- Isolation: Did you experience isolation & has this been a big issue for you?
- Interview process: How did the interview process compare to the US process?